You won’t need to guess to answer this question, as long as regular dental visits are a part of the way you do things. A dental crown is a product that is used to protect and restore a tooth back to original shape and size. The crown also improves the appearance of the town. A crown encases the entire tooth and sits above the gum line. When a dental crown is needed, the dentist will alert you to this fact during your appointment. Exactly what might cause the need for a dental crown van nuys ca?
· To restore a broken tooth
· To restore a severely worn out tooth
· To protect a weakened tooth from decay or to prevent breakage
· To support a filling when there isn’t a lot of teeth
· To keep a dental bridge in place
· To cover severely discolored or misshapen teeth
· To hide a dental implant
These above reasons for a dental implant are among the many and are among the most common causes for a dental crown. Your dentist will alert you to the need for a crowd, at which time you can take your choice of several types of crowns. The dentist will discuss the pros and cons of each type of crown, with options that include:
· Stainless steel crowns are used temporarily to protect a tooth or filling while a permanent crown is made.
· Metal crowns are made from alloys with high gold or platinum content. They last longer than other types of crowns.
· Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are another option. These crowns are made to match your teeth, although they can damage other teeth.
Dental crowns protect teeth when it’s needed the most. The information above is designed to put your mind at ease if the dentist tells you that a crowd is needed.